Our intent is to:
- develop creativity and imagination in our children
- give our children opportunities to learn about the history of Art and Design.
- allow our children to experiment with different mediums in the world of Art.
- teach our children about a variety artists, architects, designers and craft makers.
- show our children how to critically analyse their own work and that of their peers.
- ensure that a range of skills and techniques are taught across the different year groups.
- teach our children about the importance of Art and how it is used to communicate.
- ensure that our children have an understanding of relevant artists and the impact they have on society.
- use a progression document to show clear progression across different year groups.
Our children will:
- have an understanding of how Art and Design have shaped our history.
- have confidence in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques.
- be able to evaluate, reflect on and analyse pieces of artwork.
- understand the importance of Art and Design in society.
- experiment to create unique pieces of Art.
- be able to discuss relevant artists, architects and designers.