Introducing St Anthony’s After School Club
St Anthony’s After School Club opened in September 2004 thanks to the hard work, energy and commitment of a small group of parents who wanted to create an out of school facility for the children of St Anthony’s Primary School. The aim was to offer a high quality, affordable childcare setting and it remains the focus of our work.
The Club is not-for-profit charity, and fees are maintained as low as our budget can afford, bearing in mind the usual rental, insurance, equipment and staffing costs. Fees normally go up every year in September.
In its first year, the Club won the Daycare Trust Childcare Awards which rewarded its commitment to quality childcare and its contribution to the local community. In its second year, the Club went on to receive a very positive Inspection Report from OFSTED (Reg number EY293552), which is available for parents to read at the Club or online. The Club opened a sister Breakfast Club in October 2005. A second inspection took place in December 2008 and a third in November 2013. Our last inspection was in November 2016. Details can be found on the OFSTED website.
The Club is run by a core voluntary committee of three parents whose children all attend St Anthony’s Primary. The Committee’s main goal is to provide the best quality of care for our children. We also aim to employ, retain and train qualified and experienced staff. We are always happy to welcome new members and meet every two months to review our budget and discuss new ideas. Our AGM takes place every September.
Facts and Figures
- The Club rents premises from The Annexe, a Parish building situated on St Anthony’s Drive, directly behind the infant playground. Children are taken to school/the club through to the playgrounds via the Annexe’s back door so they are safe at all times.
- The Club currently offers up to 45 places to pupils from St Anthony’s Primary School and OLCHS from Reception to Year 7.
- All training, including First Aid, is renewed every three years for all staff. We employ 5 staff:
- Aline Penin-Gunson, supervisor, qualified teacher, Safeguarding Lead.
- Rita Marston, After School Club and Breakfast Club Manager, TA Level 3, Level 3 Diploma in the CYPW.
- Jacqueline Calvey, After School Club and Breakfast Club deputy, Level 3 Diploma in the CYPW.
- Ann Cryer, After School Playworker.
- Michael Bamber, part-time After School Club and Breakfast Club playworker.
- We are open term-time only, Monday to Friday, from 7:30am till 9am and from 3:15pm till 6pm.
- Details of place availability can be obtained from our manager at the club. To register and book places, please register on https://saafterschoolclub.magicbooking.co.uk/Account/Login. We expect all new parents to visit the club prior to booking to see the premises, meet the staff, consult our policies and procedures and complete a quick ID check (child’s birth certificate).
- Fees currently are £8 for afternoon sessions and £5.50 for morning sessions. Fees are payable in advance by card (online) or using vouchers.
- We have a healthy Eating Policy and will, of course, take into account dietary requirements and allergies.
- The Club’s mobile number is 07507304908. Please feel free to call or simply turn up any time to have a look around!