Our intent is to:
- Ensure that every child has an opportunity to experience music on a number of levels, listening, playing, appreciation and composing.
- Pupils are taught by experts in KS2 and feel the success of progression and performance with a musical instrument.
- Pupils continue to have a love of music throughout school life and beyond and feel confident to continue their musical journey through life, whether that be music exams, working in the music industry or playing music for pleasure.
- Pupils gain the benefits of music helping their self-esteem, mental health and wellbeing.
- Pupils are able to relate music to different cultures and times in history.
- Ensure that music is timetabled weekly
- Provide appropriate CPD for staff who are nonspecialist.
- Use an award winning Music package to support teaching and learning
- Buy into specialist music provision for all KS2 pupils
- Give pupils the opportunity to perform
- Ensure that music curriculum meets essential learning in the National Curriculum.
- Assess the pupils’ progress in music and liaise with specialists for this assessment.
Our children will:
- Make good progress in musical skills, creativity and performance
- Learn to understand how music is put together and compose their own pieces.
- Perform for others with confidence and enthusiasm.
- Develop their musical skills with an instrument/s and continue to learn with this or other instruments after leaving primary school.
- Carry on loving music and continue to at high school and beyond.
- Be creative with technology and music and use this to explore and experiment with sound and music.